The Whole Thing

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I ran a whole mile from start to finish without stopping this morning! Woohoo! And I took 20 seconds off my last time, for a grand total of 15 minutes and 6 seconds. :) I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning! I've been so sluggish lately, not wanting to do anything! Anyways, I decided I was just going to go down to the track and do the best I could. At first I was going to run a lap, walk a lap, etc. but I got the feeling I was holding back so I kept going for another lap then another then I ran the whole thing! I love accomplishing something...it's a great way to start my day! My main problem isn't my body, it's my mind. I have a fear of doing more I think. I definitely like my comfort zone! :P When I am mentally tough, I can accomplish anything, and I've proved that over and over again. But when I'm not...hoooooboyyyy! I can't do anything! That is one thing I'm trying to eradicate from my vocabulary: CAN'T. Instead of saying "can't" which focuses on the negative, I spin it around into an "I can" statement. Like this morning, as I was running, I started saying "I can't give up." Immediately I started thinking about giving up. But when I said, "I can run this whole thing," I started thinking about running the whole thing! I know the power of positive thinking, I just have to put it in practice in my life. Easier said than done, but I'm focused on living the best life I can. :) Well, I am off to make a green smoothie now for breakfast. I blend up a handful or two of kale, protein powder, flaxseed oil, frozen mango chunks, and almond or rice milk. Easy and nutritious! :)

3 pieces of love:

That Redhead said...

I love your positive thinking ideas! I will have to try it. Way to go on your mile!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

You are awesome!! Way to go!! I love your motto, you can achieve anything you put your mind to!

Savannah said...

I'm so proud of you for running a whole mile!! Thats amazing! It's so true about positive thinking...you really can turn positive thoughts into reality! Yay you!! :D

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)