Soooo...

Monday, February 14, 2011

Most of today was not so awesome. For some reason, people have been making more and more comments that have been hurting my feelings. When I first started the program, most things just rolled off my back, but the more I hear things, the more they have been sticking to me and weighing me down. This is pretty much the story of my life. People like to pick other people apart. I really don't understand, especially since I am the type of person that loves to help other people and take care of other people. But you know what? I've decided I've just gotta love me and be myself. . So I laugh. Sue me. So I care too much. Again, sue me. So I eat a healthier diet than most people? Sorry, I'm NOT gonna change that so that you can feel better about yourself! So I make mistakes because I'm a student and I don't know everything? You know, you were in my spot once too. I can't please everyone all the time, but I can strive to be the person that I am proud of. Angela @ Oh She Glows blogged about self-love today too. You can read about it HERE. I find her blog very helpful about that sort of thing, and it definitely reaffirms what I know I have to do for myself. :)

Anyways, that was just part of the day. Tonight I went to Pilates and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought that I would just drop the class and go to Zumba on Mondays instead, but it ended up being really challenging and really relaxing at the same time. I definitely think it is going to be great for toning and strengthening! The best part, though, with all the deep breaths I was taking, I totally forgot about the first part of the day! I didn't realize it until later, but it definitely improved my mood! Bonus! :)

I also have to share a couple of victories that happened on Saturday. The first is that instead of regular Zumba, we had a 2-hour Zumbathon. I was a little worried about whether I would be able to make it all the way through, but I decided to go, and if I needed to, I would let myself sit out a song or 2. Well, I ended up not needing that out! I danced the whole time! Actually, during a couple of songs, I almost burst into tears because I couldn't believe how good I am doing! Remembering where I was at last June, and seeing where I am now, I have to pinch myself sometimes. I definitely have made some good changes and am seeing good results. Plus, it raised about $1000 for the American Heart Association, so it definitely made me feel like I was doing something for the greater good as well as my own. The other thing that happened was that I went shopping with some of my friends at PacSun in the mall and....drumroll please....I actually fit into a couple of shirts that I tried on! Crazyness! I got goosebumps when I tried them on! :) I may not look like I'm changing much week by week, but overall, there is a big difference. And from now on, I am going to focus on myself and what I can be doing to be the person that I want to be and not worry about all the garbage around me. Cuz I can't change all that....I can only change me. :) 

Also, no one commented on my giveaway post, so I guess no one was interested. Bummer. :(

3 pieces of love:

Lindsay said...

good for you girl. Positive attitude and self motivation is what it is all about. I hear ya!!!!
Loving yourself is all that really matters! I'm a firm believer in that :)

Sierra said...

Thanks, Lindsey! :)

Veganopolis852 said...

Good for you PL!!! Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)