Time Flies

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wow! I can't believe summer is almost half over! It hasn't even started feeling like summer yet...I think the highest temp lately has been 62 degrees F! Anyways, there's a lot I have to say, so bear with me. First of all, it was my one year anniversary of completely changing my diet (and my life) on June 7th. I plan on writing a little more about that later.

I bought new running shoes! My one and only pair I've ever had (for that specific reason) I bought in 2006, so I thought it might be time for a new pair. The old ones didn't fit so well and kind of hurt my feet, so I went and got a foot analysis at a running shop and had help picking my shoes out. I think it's kind of a fun, symbolic way of ushering in my new year. :) I ran a lot when I first got my treadmill a couple of months ago, but got out of it during finals. It is hard starting over, but one good thing I can say about myself is, I am good at beginning again.

I also got on the dean's list for the second semester of my program....that's two in a row, baby! :)

Aaaaand I had a moment today. It was during Zumba, which I haven't been to in a couple of weeks or so. Anyways, we were dancing during a song and I looked at myself in the mirror and was like "Dang, I look good." I don't have moments like that, so that was pretty amazing! Usually, I am like "I look good for (blank) pounds" or "I look good compared to what I used to look like." Actually, most of the time I look in the mirror and say "I will look good when my stomach/butt/thighs/hips/arms are smaller." Anyways, I am proud of myself for that and wanted to share! :)

Hope y'all are having a great Saturday! :)

0 pieces of love:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)