Coconut Ice Cream in a Bag

Friday, August 26, 2011

What do you do when it's 9:00 at night and you realllllly need some ice cream? Well, if you're me, usually you're out of luck because the only ice cream I eat is dairy-free Coconut Bliss and the only one store in town that carries it closes at 8 PM. However, on Pinterest lately (LOVE that site!), I've seen ice cream in a bag pins popping up all over the place. I was skeptical at first, but I decided to give it a try.

Coconut Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1 can coconut milk (about 3 2/3 cups)
1/3 cup Sugar in the Raw cane sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

Blend all the ingredients together with a hand mixer. I think I added a little too much sugar, because I felt it was too sweet. I'm not used to eating sugar. :) Pour ingredients in a pint-size ziploc bag. Seal tightly. Fill a gallon ziploc bag half full with ice; add in 6 tpsp. rock salt. Put smaller bag in gallon bag; seal tightly (suck the air out). Shake until mixture becomes ice cream, anywhere from 5 minutes on up. Enjoy!

The verdict? Delish! I ate mine with a microwaved mixture of almond butter & chocolate sauce. Yummmmm.....

0 pieces of love:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)