Starting to feel more balanced...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I went to a potluck tonight with friends. Surprisingly, there were tons of veggies and fruit and even some corn chips and salsa! I loaded my plate up with broccoli, sugar snap peas, strawberries, my coleslaw, corn chips, and salsa and no one even took another glance at my plate! :)

I drank 100 oz. of water yesterday! I feel so good today! I drank 64 today. I definitely hope this is a habit that sticks. It does NOT feel good to be dehydrated!

I also worked out today! I got home after the potluck and realized that I only had an hour until the gym closed, so I rushed over there. I managed to eke out 10 minutes on the elliptical and 2 on the stairstepper. I was so sore and so weak by the end of it. I definitely need to kick it up a notch! My goal is to 4 times this week. I was inspired by looking at this pretty little lady's blog: http://rivertrekker.wordpress.com/ to ramp up my working out. I have always wanted to be a kayaker! But I have to work to get there. I'm realizing I don't need to get so overwhelmed about making so many changes: I just need to make a conscious choice when faced with a situation to make the healthier choice! :)

I started an online food journal to track how many calories I am getting, as well as protein. I didn't want to, but it seems that I either eat too much or too little. I want to fit in the happy medium until I can intuitively know how much I should be eating every day. Check it out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

In other news, my mom told me today that she is cutting out wheat to help curb her allergies and coughing. If that doesn't work, she is going to try milk next. I acted cool, but inside I was all "Yay!" I would like to think I had a small part in her decision. Maybe she sees what I'm doing and is like "If my crazy foodaholic daughter can cut things out of her diet, so can I." Plus, she sees it working in my life. I no longer have as many "seasonal" allergies as I used to...turns out most of them were caused by milk!

My life has felt so out of balance lately. One day I eat too much and don't exercise and the next I eat too little and don't. Today I felt myself returning to more of a happy medium. Here's to more days like this! :)

1 pieces of love:

Anonymous said...

Wow,your an inspiration to me! Your weight loss looks great!

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)