Baby, It's Cold Outside

Monday, January 31, 2011

Zumba rocks my socks off. I really feel like I am getting better at the steps and gaining a little more endurance. The weather, however, not so much. -25 degrees Fahreinheit? With the wind chill factored in, -40? Eeesh. I could definitely leave that. Anyone wanna go somewhere warm for Spring Break? ;) I thought I would share my "recipe" for Chili that I made this weekend. I say "recipe" because it's like what my mom makes, but I change the recipe all the time. So, this "recipe" is what I made this last weekend. One of my friends had a bunch of us over for a baked potato bar and it was so much fun! And so delicious too....I could have eaten one of her potatoes without anything on top, they were so good! :) I think she just tossed them with olive oil, salt, and rosemary and covered them with aluminum foil, and baked in the oven, but they were amazing! Anyways, recipe! Here it is!

Muy Bean-O Chili
1 can pinto beans
1 can navy beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can green beans
2 cans unsalted diced tomatoes
2 cans unsalted tomato sauce
1 cup vegetable broth + 1 tsp vegetable broth powder
1 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
A couple dashes of chipotle powder
Salt and pepper to tast

Combine everything in a large pot and cook. Warning: it makes a lot. And this might not be all the beans I put in there, but it's what I remember. You can put whatever you want to in there. Go crazy! ;)

P.S. I also made No Bake Almond Butter Rice Crispy Treats with Almond Butter Fudge, but I'm not going to post the recipe here because of my 40 in 4 challenge. I will tell you I used almond butter and almonds instead of peanut butter and peanuts, and I didn't put the chocolate chips in the Rice Crispy layer. Ok, no more dessert talk for a while! ;)

1 pieces of love:

Anonymous said...

You go gurrrl! Hey I'm wondering where the ingredients are that make this recipe a "chili". 'Cause none of the ingredients are erm... chili.

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)