Big Goals

Sunday, January 30, 2011

One of the hard things about having this blog is wondering whether I should really share all of my goals, and thoughts, and feelings. What if I say I am going to do something and I don't? Will I be embarrassed or ashamed? What if people don't believe in me anymore or worse, what if I stop believing in myself? Or do I share my big dreams and aspirations and hope that the accountability is enough to motivate me to work hard towards that goal each day? I am hoping that the latter is the case, because I have big goals and I am going to share them on this blog.

1. I am going to lose 40 pounds in the next 4 months. Yep, enough of this plateau. I am going to kick its butt. It won't even see me coming.

2. I am going to go kayaking this summer. This is actually the goal that I have had a hard time sharing with anyone. I mean, come on, look at me! I'm not an athlete! (yet.) And let's face it, kayakers are athletes. It's hard work out there! And I can hardly swim. Swimming in a pool is fine, but forget anything else! I don't even care anymore about my own limitations any more. I have had this dream so long, it is ridiculous! And this year, I don't care what I have to do, I am going kayaking!!!

So, my dear friends, if anyone is reading this, I would appreciate your help. I'm not talking about "Are you really going to eat that?" help, I'm talking about "Hey, you wanna go for a walk with me?" help. Or "Do you want to go out and eat a salad?" Or even "Hey, this motivated me, it might help you too." I have a few friends that are doing this already and wanted to let them know that they are very much appreciated.

So, 40 in 4, here we go!!!

2 pieces of love:

Unknown said...

You're so awesome. You set goals and you gather everyone. Here's praying for people to come forward who live near you and build comeraderie. God Bless.

Sierra said...

Thanks, Jeri! It was so hard to share this, but I think it will be worth it in the end! :)

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)