All About Salads

Monday, February 28, 2011

All packed up & ready to go!

I thought I would share how I make my daily salads. They are so good, they totally changed my thinking about salads! I layer my ingredients in a Tupperware container. First, 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds. Then 1/2 a tomato, 2 mushrooms, 1/2 a zucchini, 1/2 a cucumber, then a handful of lettuce. Putting the lettuce on top keeps it from getting squished and soggy. Any other vegetables you like can totally work too! Use whatever you have and/or like. The sky's the limit! Some other yummy toppings include kalamata olives and artichoke hearts.

Of course, a salad isn't much without a good salad dressing! Enter my current fav, my own Tart & Tangy Salad Dressing:

Tart & Tangy Salad Dressing
Ingredients:
1 bottle Newman's Own Light Italian
1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar

Directions: Place all ingredients into a food processor. Blend until well mixed. I estimated that this should make about 14-2 Tbsp. servings, which would be 144 calories a serving! Yum!



When it's time for lunch, pour 2 Tbsp. of salad dressing over salad, put lid back on Tupperware container, and shake it all up. Then enjoy! :)

2 pieces of love:

Jason and Sue said...

Sierra! I guess I totally missed that you changed your blog address! Glad that I found you. Your recipes look amazing...definitely inspired to try a few of them!

Cadry said...

That's a good idea to pack your salads with the lettuce on top. That way any moisture doesn't sink down and wilt it. I love salads for lunch too. They're so versatile, because a person can use whatever she has in the refrigerator.

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)