Farm and Photo Fun

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh wow. Where do I start? :) Just call me a bad blogger. Ummm....well, the weather got pretty crazy in the middle of the week last week. We had some crazy snow! I was so bummed that winter was back, but it didn't last long! On Saturday, I got to go to a really neat organic farm with a greenhouse and pick out some plants. I had a blast! I've never had a green thumb, but I'm pretty excited about my little babies, so I think I will do all right. I got thyme, about 6 different types of basil, lavender, 1 robust flavored cherry tomato, 1 mild cherry tomato, 1 robust flavored heirloom tomato, and 1 mild tomato. I see lots of canning in my future! ;) It was such a beautiful day out, it felt like spring! The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and I couldn't resist taking some pictures! (None of these have been edited, by the way.) There is just something about being out in nature that soothes and refreshes my soul. I hope to get outside a lot this spring and summer!


Playing around with settings on my camera.


My reward for getting lost. :)

Beautiful river


Ahhh...look at that sky! 

 Nothing but me and the open road....and look at those clouds!

Normal

Cool :)

This horse was such a good model...just stood patiently & let me take pictures of him! 

My house....I wish! ;) 
My other house. ;)

Also on Saturday, I found out that I got some scholarships (not much, but they're better than nothing and it's money I don't have to pay back, so woo-hoo!), so I had to celebrate by making my first dish out of my new books. I got Clean Food and Clean Start by Terry Walters last week...I HIGHLY recommend them! The food is so amazing that I had a hard time figuring out what to make first, but I finally settled on the Simple Stuffed Mochi with Bitter Greens out of the Clean Start book. I tell ya, it didn't disappoint!


The "stuffing" was kind of Asian-inspired, stir-fryish. I'll try to post the recipe soonish. Hope y'all have a good weekend! I have quite a few things I want to write about, but I have a test this week, so we'll see how this week goes. :)

0 pieces of love:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)