DIY State Baby Onesie

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Here's a really quick (and easy!) DIY project for the baby in your life! I've been thinking about making these for a while now, so I finally made one for one of my nieces today. It seriously took me less than 20 minutes to do this onesie.


Supplies: 
Baby onesie
Piece of fabric big enough for your state
State (cut out)
heat n bond
sewing machine w/ thread (or needle & embroidery floss)


Directions:



Print off map of your state. Scale to your desired size. I printed this map poster style (4 sheets of paper for the whole map) out for my scrap map and then enlarged it 120%. Cut out desired state and a piece of heat n bond big enough for that state. Iron onto "wrong" side of fabric. Flip over & pin cut out state to "right" side of fabric. Cut out state. Remove state & backing from heat n bond. Place on onesie in desired location. Iron on. Sew around edges about 1/8th of an inch in from the edge. Pull top threads through to the back and cut off. Put on your favorite baby and enjoy! :)


And um....if you live in a square state (ahem, CO & WY), this will work for pretty much any shape you want to cut out & sew around! Go crazy! ;)

0 pieces of love:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged...I love making new friends and receiving feedback! :)